Assistant Project Manager
This position is for an assistant project manager with 1-2 years experience. This role will be responsible for assisting our project management team with file prep, Quality Control (multilingual file review), file alignment, translation memory updates and miscellaneous administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with MS Office, RWS Trados, Outlook and basic document formatting tasks. This candidate is energetic, willing to interface with vendors, clients and team members and is professional and reliable. The goal for this position is to transition into a Project Manager position as the company grows and acquires new accounts. This is a remote assistant project manager opportunity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- File preparation. Taking source files and following instructions to prepare files for translation.
- Team meetings. Attend team meetings to review daily tasks and timelines.
- Quality Control. Review documents comparing target/source for missing content, formatting consistency, and overall appearance.
- Understanding of common issues introduced by translators.
- Basic formatting tasks.
- Good understanding of files formats and structure
- Previous proofreading or copyediting experience preferred
- Contribute to on-time, quality deliveries.
- Ability to interact with vendors and clients in a professional manner.
- Implement translation memory updates as needed, or as instructed by project management team.
- Having attention to detail and making sure all steps of the QA process are completed correctly and thoroughly
- Contributing to client satisfaction
- Ability to fill in for Project Managers as needed.
- Prepare purchase orders for vendors
- Ability to review vendor resumes when searching for new resources.
- Detail-oriented, analytical, thorough, and able to work quickly and efficiently
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
- Good organizational skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Collaborative and enthusiastic personality
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree required or any combination of education, experience and training which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated track record (with 1-2 years of experience) and success, working in the translation industry
- Fluent in English and at least 1 other language
- Understand translation industry and how our service offering can provide a superior experience to our clients
- Proficient in MS Office, RWS Trados, MS Teams, Zoom. Formatting programs such as InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat Professional and FrameMaker a plus.
- Able to follow instructions and complete tasks in a timely and professional manner.
- A home office setup conducive for working remotely, and ability to work effectively as a remote team member