Website Translations – Customizing Your International Web Presence
For any business involved with international sales and marketing, translating the company website to be accessible in target countries is a critical need. From basic informational and product-oriented websites to full-scale e-commerce websites, accurate translations are essential. At International Language Services (ILS), we can help you create and maintain multi-lingual websites to meet your international needs by translating and formatting your current website content to deliver the same message in whatever languages you need. Website translations can be complex, but careful consideration of several factors can simplify the job and keep costs under control:
- Web Translation Scope & Cost – It may not be necessary to include every part of your website when creating a site in another language. Some of your website content may not be relevant to visitors in another country. Careful selection of only necessary content for translation can streamline the project and reduce costs. Our web translation team can help you determine the appropriate scope for your website translation project.
- Web Design & Translation – Careful coordination between your translation services company and your in-house or external website design team is recommended when internationalizing an existing website. We will work with your design team to minimize issues and facilitate the project.
- Website Formatting – Particularly in navigational features of websites, differences in languages may require alteration of site interfaces to accommodate shorter or longer navigational links. Working directly with your formatted files allows us to make these adjustments and streamline your project.
- Character Sets – Many languages, including most Asian languages, use different character sets than English. Non-alphabetical languages, especially, may require adapting your content and site design. At ILS, we understand the special needs presented by the character sets used by all the languages we translate.
- Measurements & Currency – Product specification information must be converted to the measurements used in the target country. E-commerce sites must also cope with different currencies and exchange rates. We can help with these adjustments.
- Database Management – For e-commerce sites in particular, but also for any website that manages content through data structures, multilingual site content can be simplified, but some adjustment of database parameters may be required. Our web translators will work with your database technical staff to solve these problems.
- Website Updates for Translation – If your website is updated on a frequent basis, carefully consider lag time in managing updated translations. Consolidating translation updates, especially for non-critical changes, may make sense and help you control your budget. We will help you create a workable translation update plan.
No matter which language you want to translation your web site to, we have the native-speaking translators who specialize in web translation and formatting. Some of the languages we support include: Spanish, Chinese, French, Japanese, Russian, German, Greek, Latvian, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Italian, Hindi, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, and many more. At our language services company, we provide industry-specific translation to ensure accuracy. Since 1982, we have been working with businesses in a large number of industries, including computer technology, finance, real estate, manufacturing, consumer electronics, medical device, engineering, information technology and more.
International Language Services – Complete Website Translation Service
Every website translation project is unique and demands careful planning and management to keep costs under control and produce timely results. At ILS, we understand the challenges. Our expert translation and formatting services will help you produce and maintain the international website presence you need in today’s marketplace. As soon as you begin planning to internationalize your website, contact us and let us help you with the project from the very beginning. We will be glad to provide you a free quote on the cost to translate your web site. Planning, along with application of our high standards for translation services is the key to your site’s success.