Professional Translators – Essential for Accurate Business Translations
Since our founding in 1982, International Language Services (ILS) has recognized the vital role played by our translators in providing accurate, cost-efficient translations that communicate not only the information in the original document, but the tone and voice of the original as well. Since that time, we have developed an extensive resource pool of experienced and professional translators for all the languages we support. Each brings a wealth of skills and talents to every translation project. Every ILS translator has the following characteristics:
- Native-Speaking Ability in a Target Language – In order to create a translation that speaks effectively in another language, the translator must be a native speaker of that language. The innate knowledge of a native speaker assures that the translation will be easily understood by its audience and convey the tone and emphasis of the original document.
- Fluency in the Source Language – In order to translate a document efficiently and correctly, a translator must be fluent in the source language. If the translator does not fully understand the source material, the translation process will be inefficient and error-prone.
- Professional Translation Experience – Translation is a difficult, exacting process, and only professional experience can provide the skills needed to create accurate translations smoothly and efficiently. All our translators must have verifiable and documented professional references and credentials.
- Subject Matter Experience – Every industry has a unique vocabulary, along with specific jargon used exclusively by that business specialty. All ILS translators must have training, experience, or certification in one or more specialized subject areas. This ensures that he or she fully understands the source material and is able to provide an accurate, complete translation. Our translators are experts in a large number of industries, including medical devices, manufacturing, consumer products, engineering, information technology, agriculture, law, advertising, medicine and more.
- Specific Software Skills – The software used by our professional translators includes applications specific to the translation industry, such as SDL Trados, used for content management and Translation Memory. In addition to skill with that software, translators have high skill levels in other software used by our translators for document handling, editing, review, and formatting.
- Other Skills – Each of our translators must be a dedicated team worker, able to work in the fast-paced collaborative environment that keeps your projects moving smoothly to completion. A dedication to accuracy and on-time performance is also a requirement at our business translation company.
Our translators specialize in translating English to over 150 foreign languages commonly used in Europe, Asia, North America, Central America, South America and Africa. These languages include Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Russian, Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Bulgarian, Czech, Italian, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Serbian, Estonian, Hungarian, Romanian, Tagalog, Vietnamese, Afrikaans, and more. Whether you need to translate a product catalog, operation manual, safety label, IFU, instruction sheet, web site, business contract or marketing brochure, our translators have the right skills the do the job right.
International Language Services – Dedicated, Skilled Translators on Every Project
When you assign a translation project to ILS, the translators will always be fully qualified and committed to the job. Our extensive network of professional, native-speaking translators, with demonstrated expertise in your particular business area, enable us to deliver the accurate, culturally sensitive translations that are the hallmark of our business. Our careful selection process for translators, along with our professional, collaborative work environment makes our translation service company a favorite choice for these talented individuals. The result is completed work that communicates your intended message to your target audience accurately and presents that information as carefully and with the same impact as your original content. Contact us for a free quote or to discuss a partnership with us for all your translation needs.