Planning for Medical Device Technical Translations
For manufacturers of medical devices, from those used by consumers to devices used by medical professionals such as implants and surgical instruments, correct translation of related informational and instructional documentation has special importance. Wherever you distribute those devices around the world, accurate translations of documents such as Instructions for Use (IFU) labeling, packaging, decals, and maintenance manuals require careful attention to details and clarity. Your translation services agency shares a great responsibility with you, and a choosing an experienced, quality oriented translation company, like International Language Services (ILS), ensures that you receive excellence in translations.
As a medical device manufacturer, you can take a number of steps to streamline the translation process and control costs. At our medical device translation agency, we’ve translated tens of thousands of pages of medical device documentation, and are pleased to share some of the ways you can impact the documentation process to help assure fast, economical translations. Click the links below for additional information:
- Managing Updates of Medical Device Translation for Revisions and Updates – From defibrillators to medical imaging systems, updates and revisions to translated documents are needed with every new model or design. Your translation services agency can turn your projects around faster and at a lower cost, if changes to your existing documents are made with translation in mind. These documents include safety instructions, operation manuals, IFU’s, marketing brochures, online help files, installation guides, bid specifications and more.
- Medical Device Translation Efficiency Begins with Document Planning – When a new medical device is in development, your engineering and design team works closely with your documentation team to ensure that documentation is complete before the device goes into production. If those documents will require translation, there are a number of ways thoughtful planning can help control costs and speed the translation process.
- Why an Ongoing Relationship with Your Medical Device Translation Services Agency Matters – Choosing an experienced medical device translation services agency initially is very important, as is establishing an ongoing relationship with that agency. By learning your special requirements and employing translation memory and other automation, your selected translation agency can assure you of smooth and consistent project execution over time. Future translations can be completed more quickly and at a lower cost to you by continuously working with the same project manager and translation teams.
- How Translation Memory Saves Time and Money for Medical Device Translation – Your translation services agency will develop a database of translated terms and phrases, by language, specifically for you. Every new document translated expands the size of this translation memory creating a glossary of terms and phrases unique to your medical device or series of devices. Future translation projects will leverage your translation memory to speed the process, ensure consistency and minimize costs.
- Preparing Medical Device Documentation for Translation – As your engineers and technical writers develop documentation for your medical devices, from simple devices like catheters to complex imaging systems, most of the time they are working in English. By adhering to some basic writing and formatting tips, that documentation, including user’s manuals, IFU’s, decals, and labels, can be created in ways that will save your translation services provider time in producing clear and accurate translations. This in turn saves you money.
Translating medical device documents requires both in-depth knowledge of the specific field and the target foreign language. We have translators who specialize in medical device translation for over 150 languages, including French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Korean, and more.
Technical Translation Service for Medical Devices Manufacturing & Engineering
At International Language Services, medical device translations are a primary focus. Our specialized staff of native speaking translators in all languages has significant expertise and experience translating clinical documents, IFU’s and other materials related specifically to medical devices. We use the very latest translation memory and document management technology, and coordinate with our industry clients to streamline the translation process and create accurate, efficient translations for your technical documents. Providing you with information that promotes the goal of high quality, trouble free translations is always a high priority for us. Contact us for a free quote on the medical device translation cost, or to discuss establishing a long-term relationship.