Why an Ongoing Relationship with Your Medical Device Translation Company Matters
Translations for medical device documentation present some unique challenges, including specialized terminology and the need to meet regulatory requirements in multiple countries. Whether your company manufactures ventilators or spinal implants, accurate and timely translations of the associated documents are a crucial part of your marketing and distribution plan, wherever you do business. Choosing a translation services company like International Language Services (ILS), that offers medical device expertise and a highly experienced team of translators and project managers is important. Sticking with one medical device translation company over time provides even more opportunities to save time and reduce costs for every project. Here are some of the reasons for those savings:
- Translation Memory – A translation memory database stores translations by language. This includes technical terms related to your medical devices, along with translations of boilerplate text and frequently used phrases and abbreviations. With each translation your database grows. Subsequent translations leverage the translation memory to increase speed of project turnaround, maintain consistency over time and minimize costs. There is no need to reinvent the wheel with each project and in your country user preferences are documented for future use.
- Staffing Continuity – In an ongoing relationship with ILS, you and your documentation team will work with the same dedicated translation project manager through multiple projects. We make every effort to assign the same translation team to your projects, so that they learn your products and all the nuances related to your projects. This working relationship enables us to effectively become an extension of your in-house team and makes it easier for us to spot issues or help you out with any special needs that arise.
- Style Standardization – Your medical device technical and marketing documents – operation manuals, safety instructions, installation guides, IFU’s, labels, brochures – reflect your unique style and desired format and present your company with a consistent voice and tone. In a continuing relationship with a medical device translation company, maintaining those elements of your documentation is simplified.
- Document Management – In an on-going relationship with a translation services company, a smooth workflow is developed that creates an efficient translation environment and produces faster results at a lower cost. In addition, our translation service company retains your previously translated documents in secure data storage for fast access and comparison purposes.
- Language Flexibility – ILS has a deep pool of available native-speaking translators in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean Italian, Greek, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Serbian and 150+ languages, each with extensive expertise in medical device translations. Our translators have all been fully qualified in accordance with our ISO-certified quality process. As your global footprint expands, our ongoing relationship enables us to translate your existing or new documentation into additional languages seamlessly. Our global language flexibility also lets you produce documentation in multiple languages for a single project, with the resulting time and cost savings.
International Language Services – Trusted Medical Device Translation Company
Over our 30+ years of providing accurate, timely translations for the medical device industry, we’ve formed many long-term relationships with manufacturers. We’ve worked with our clients to create unique processes that make each translation project go more smoothly and quickly while minimizing translation costs. Our use of state-of-the-art document management systems and translation memory helps us to improve efficiency and accuracy with each project over time. Contact us soon to discuss your next translation project. Let us show you how building a long-term relationship with ILS can benefit your global marketing and distribution plans.