Common Issues for Manufacturing, Engineering & IT Technical Translations
Translations for the engineering, manufacturing and IT projects present an array of unique challenges. From specialized terminology and complex documents to translations of text in engineering and design drawings, along with time constraints caused by rapid expansion into new global markets, those challenges mean that translation companies must work closely with corporate documentation teams. International Language Services (ILS) has developed management systems for these complex translation projects and has a deep pool of native speaking translators with specialized knowledge of your industry. Working with your documentation team, we can produce accurate translations for the full range of documents including user manuals, operation manuals, instruction sheets, Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), bid specifications and responses, online help files, marketing brochures and more. Below is an overview of some issues to consider to ensure that you receive excellent results:
- Guide for Manufacturing & Engineering Translations – Translating a wide range of documents for manufacturers and engineering firms is a complex task. Whether your company manufactures capital equipment for manufacturing, agricultural machinery or designs complex projects, when you sell in a global marketplace, accurate and complete translations are essential. There are a number of best practices you can follow to make sure that every translated document is of the highest quality and represents your own dedication to excellence.
- Document Source Software for Manufacturing & Engineering Translations – The documentation department for your manufacturing or engineering business has a tough job. Communicating a complex range of information in easy-to-read, understandable documents for your clients and customers takes skill and dedication. If global marketing is part of your business plan, translation is best left to the experts at a well-established translation services provider. Their mission and that of your documentation department can be markedly simplified by selecting software for document creation that interfaces well with the tools used by translators.
- Translating Text from CAD Engineering & Technical Drawings – Manufacturing and engineering companies make extensive use of technical illustrations and CAD drawings in documenting their products and designs. These illustrations can pose challenges when it comes time to translate them for the global marketplace. Following recommended practices to make translations easier is the key to improve efficiency and reduce translation costs.
- ISO-Certified Manufacturing & Engineering Translations – Quality control is a crucial aspect of all manufacturing and engineering projects. For most companies, ISO certification of the quality control processes assures your clients that quality is a high priority for your company and that you have verified your processes. It’s no different for translation services providers like International Language Services. We take quality very seriously, and our ISO 9001:2008 certification assures you of top notch quality management for every project we translate.
- Translation Memory Lowers Manufacturing & Engineering Translation Costs – Translation Memory is an important tool used by translation services providers like International Language services to streamline the translation process. Every time a document is translated, translated words, phrases, and even complete document sections are stored in a database. When they occur again, the stored translation is presented to the translator for review. The more content that is translated, the more valuable these stored translations become as a means of minimizing costs, shrinking timelines and ensuring consistency over time.
- Time Constraints in Manufacturing & Engineering Translation – When global sales expansion takes your products or designs into new markets, the time required to prepare and translate the necessary operator and maintenance materials, marketing collateral and other written materials can add to the complexity of the expansion. Effective planning and management of translation projects, along with staged scheduling of these projects can minimize the impact on your organization. International Language Services can assist you throughout this process.
- Document Types for Manufacturing & Engineering Translation – Manufacturing and engineering companies moving into new global markets need translations for a wide range of documents relating to their products and designs. These documents include maintenance manuals, operation manuals, repair manuals, instruction sheets, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets), training materials, online help files, IFU’s, labels, safety decals, contracts, and installation guides. Selecting one trusted translation services provider to handle all of these documents helps ensure that all of your documentation presents accurate, consistent information and properly reflects your corporate image. In addition, the use of state-of-the-art translation management systems for your translations reduces costs and ensures consistency over time, whether you need translations in one language or many.
If your international company needs to reach customers in more than one country, it is important to have multilingual translation. Our technical translators specialize translating for industrial manufacturers in over 150 languages including Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, German, Korean, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek and more.
International Language Services – Meeting Your Translation Needs and More
At ILS, our long experience in translation of industrial, manufacturing, and IT documentation lets us provide the accurate and timely translation services you need for success in any market worldwide. Our seasoned project managers will coordinate throughout your project with your documentation team to ensure that all goes smoothly. Our select group of native speaking translators in all language uses state-of-the-art translation memory and other technology to deliver the accurate translations you need on your schedule. Completed translations can be formatted and ready for publication, and maintain your corporate voice, no matter what language is required. Contact us today to discuss your translation needs and cost. Let us show you how a relationship with us takes the worry out of translation.