Business Translation Services in Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish
Spanning from Mexico to Argentina, Latin America has a population of over 590 million, making it a major market for businesses of all types. Two languages, Spanish and Portuguese, are dominant in Latin America and are the official languages of commerce throughout the region. Portuguese is spoken only in Brazil, with Spanish dominating the rest of the region. Both have their origins in Europe, but have evolved considerably over the centuries to have unique characteristics as used in Latin America. International Language Services (ILS) recognizes the unique qualities of both languages in Latin America, and will localize your translations to communicate flawlessly in Latin America.
- Spanish – Spanish is used by millions in Mexico, the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. It retains many characteristics of Spanish as spoken and written in Spain, but has evolved into unique dialects with variations throughout the region. When you need translations in Spanish to serve this region, you may need localization to match your translations to the unique cultural and language needs of a particular country or group of countries.
- Nation-by-Nation – Spanish, as it is spoken in Mexico, is different than in Columbia or Chile. Each country has developed its own colloquial version of the language. While a generic translation of a document into Spanish may be understood in any Latin American country, subtle differences can affect the tone and meaning of the language. Even common words may have different meanings from country to country.
- Localization or Neutral Translation? – Depending on your audience, a neutral or generic translation may serve your purposes. For technological material, localization may not be needed. However, for marketing, consumer-oriented, and other content, localization produces a more friendly, conversational familiarity and avoids conflicts between the meanings of many common words in different countries.
- ILS Can Fill Either Need – At our technical translation company, we can prepare neutral Spanish translations or localize your translations for any number of countries. We can localize a translation from one region to meet your needs in another specific geography, while respecting your budget.
- Analysis & Advice – After reviewing your source material, our experts can advise you of any issues that could make localization a wise choice. We understand the cultural and national translation needs of Latin America, and will provide an objective recommendation. The choice is up to you.
- Brazilian Portuguese – In Brazil, Portuguese has undergone many changes from its European origins to the extent that it is essentially a different language from European Portuguese. Translations for Brazil need to be done by native-speaking Brazilian translators to ensure correctness and clarity. ILS will assign a qualified translator to your project with demonstrated expertise in your industry. You can rely on us for technical translations that speak as clearly in Brazilian Portuguese as they do in the original English.
Our Portuguese and Spanish translators specialize in a wide range of technical documents, including user manuals, IFU’s, maintenance manuals, operation manuals, instruction sheets, MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets), product catalogs, brochures, labels, decals, and contracts. We support manufacturing, engineering, medical devices, telecommunications, consumer products, electronics, life sciences and many more industries. We also provide multilingual support to translate your documents into other languages, including Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Italian, Latvian and more.
Technical Translation Services for Brazilian Portuguese & Spanish
At ILS, we match our translation services to your needs. If you do business in multiple Spanish and Portuguese speaking countries in Latin America, let us discuss localization services for your project with you. We can help you with the decisions needed and then provide you with the high quality translations and formatting services that give us our outstanding reputation. Our native-speaking translators, with training and experience in your particular area of business, along with our outstanding project management and formatting capabilities mean that your translation projects are in excellent hands at ILS. Contact us today about your translation projects or for a free cost quote for an immediate project.