Your Choice of a Translation Services Company Is Crucial to Success
Making the right choice in how to meet your translation needs can make a huge difference in the success of your international ventures. A correctly chosen translation services company will provide accurate translations and deliver the completed materials to you on time and formatted correctly. Your translated materials will convey the message you mean to deliver as clearly as your original documents. Make the wrong choice, however, and the experience may be less than satisfactory. Incorrect translations can result in reduced sales, interfere with customer satisfaction, and even create legal and regulatory issues.
At International Language Services (ILS), we stake our reputation on every project. Our dedication to providing on time delivery of accurate translations is responsible for our excellent reputation and our long-term relationships with clients. Here are some of the options and factors to consider when choosing a translation solution:
- Ineffective Translation Strategies – The translation strategies listed below are often attempted, but rarely effective at producing accurate and timely translations for business purposes:
- In-House Translation – Some companies have experimented with having translations done by in-house personnel in the target country. The difficulties that often arise include the need to divert personnel from other critical tasks, inadequate translation skills, and lack of proper tools. Also, non-professional translators tend to edit content, leaving you open to inconsistent messaging across languages.
- Hiring an Individual Translator – Finding and certifying competent, industry-savvy, native-speaking translators for your projects is very difficult. Continuity is lost after the translation is done and the temporary hire is no longer with the company. Also, the quality control inherent in having a second qualified translator review the translation for accuracy and tone is lost, along with the benefits of professional project management.
- Automated Computer Translation – Many companies attempt to use Google or another machine translations to handle their globalization needs. Such translations often produce confusing gibberish, frustrating readers and sending them elsewhere. Machine translation simply isn’t up to the complex challenge of accurately translating your message into other languages.
- Professional Translations Spell Success – If you’re serious about international business communications, selecting a professional translation services company is your assurance that your message will be communicated clearly, accurately, and delivered to you on time. Consider the factors below when choosing a translation company:
- Experience – How long has the translation company been in business? Longevity is a clear indication of customer satisfaction. We have been professionally translating business documents since 1982. A qualified company can translate any type of documents, such as, product catalogs, operation manuals, instruction sheets, IFU’s, MSDS (material safety data sheets), business contracts, regulatory filings, online help files, safety labels and more.
- Industry Expertise – You need a translation services provider with experience handling documents for businesses like yours. We have a wide range of expertise in many industries, and has a deep resource pool of professional, experienced translators. We work with a large number of industries, including medical devices, manufacturing, engineering, computer technology, medicine, pharmaceuticals, finance, electronics, and more.
- Native-Speaking Translators – Only a native speaker in your target language can assure you of culturally sensitive, accurate translations. No amount of academic training can produce the equivalent skill in a non-native speaker. At our translation company, qualified native-speaking translators are our standard.
- Quality Certification – Translation is a complex process, and assuring quality requires effective quality controls. Insist on working with an ISO-certified translation services company. ILS has long maintained ISO certification.
- Dedicated Project Management – Your should have a dedicated project manager assigned to you who understands your unique requirements. Uur project managers have the long-term experience, skills and commitment needed to assure you of the highest quality deliverable when you need it.
- Value – We will provide you with a firm, competitive quote for your project, based on your overall requirements. Be cautious if you receive a low-ball price quote from another translation provider. Quality may suffer or the total services you need may not be included:
Our professional translators specialize in more than 150 foreign languages, including Spanish, French, German, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Bulgarian, Czech, Italian, Hindi, Dutch, Portuguese, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Serbian, Afrikaans, Swahili, Somali and more.
10 Reasons to Choose ILS as Your Translation Services Provider
- Every ILS client is assigned to one of our experienced, dedicated project managers. You are assured of consistent, exceptional service from an accessible individual who understands your specific needs.
- We use only native speaking, professional translators who are assigned to your project based on subject matter expertise. Your translation is provided by a highly experienced subject matter expert who comprehends your message fully and localizes it for your target audience.
- We can manage your multiple language projects seamlessly. We guarantee that you receive a single, consistent message for your entire target audience, regardless of how many languages you need.
- We follow our documented ISO 9001:2008 quality process on every project. Standards are in place (and audited by an independent 3rd party) to ensure that you receive accurate and audience appropriate translations, on time, every time.
- ILS maintains a client specific “translation memory”, by language of your translated phrases. You can expect consistency in translated terms from one project to the next that reflects your stated preferences. Lead times and project costs are minimized as the database grows over time.
- Formatting of translated files is available into most commonly used tagged file formats and desktop publishing applications. For little or no additional cost, you can receive translated In Design, Frame Maker, HTML or XML files (among others), fully proof read & ready for your immediate use. No need for you to cut and paste.
- Our project managers build and maintain a “translation team” to meet your project needs. Your translations are consistently managed by a group of individuals who understand your products and your special requirements.
- Our professional translation agency has been providing quality translations to businesses since 1982. You benefit from the long standing relationships we have developed over 30 years with top notch medical device, industrial and technical translators.
- On time delivery and client satisfaction are continuously measured (with excellent results!) as part of our ISO process. You can count on the entire ILS team to be fully committed to delivering quality translations to you.
- Exceeding your expectations is our goal! You can expect prompt, professional service at a competitive price for each and every project.
International Language Services – a Solid, Reliable Choice for Translation
Your translation projects are crucial to the success of your international business. Whether you’re just beginning to engage in international commerce or have a long history of global business dealings, you should demand the highest standards for all of your translations. At our business translation company, our 30 years of experience providing translations to businesses is based on maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, both in the accuracy of our translations and in timely delivery of your projects. Contact us now to discuss your upcoming translation projects or to receive a price quote for your translation project’s cost.