Client Confidentiality – Safeguarding Proprietary Information for Translation
Documents for translation often contain proprietary information that must be safeguarded against early release or distribution to unauthorized parties. Protecting the confidentiality of your information and ensuring the security of the documents you submit for translation are critical issues for both you and International Language Services (ILS). We take our commitment to client confidentiality and security very seriously. International Language Services has a detailed client confidentiality policy as part of our ISO-certified process, and we follow that policy rigidly.
Everyone with access to your information is bound by our translation company’s strict non-disclosure requirements. Your company may also present us with whatever additional confidentiality agreements you require prior to sharing proprietary information. Everyone at ILS, from our project managers and staff to our translators, recognizes the importance of safeguarding your company’s information.
To further protect your information, we offer the following additional safeguards:
- Secure Firewall Protection – Our continuously monitors and maintains our network firewall protection to prevent outside intrusion into our system.
- Secure FTP File Transfers – We use the latest secure FTP protocols to protect all transfers of data between our clients and International Language Services.
- Daily Backups and Secure Off-Site Storage – Our data backup process is secure and scheduled on a daily basis to prevent loss of data and disruption of your projects.
- Document Encryption to Your Specifications – As needed, we will provide state-of-the-art encryption for your material, working with your IT personnel to meet your requirements.
- Compartmentalized Document Handling – Only staff and personnel specifically needed for your project will have access to your information. We operate on a need-to-know basis for all projects.
- Secure Shredding of Discarded Documents – Our regular shredding service prevents unauthorized access to any documents that are no longer needed.
International Translation Services – Complete Security for Every Translation Project
At ILS, our IS0 9001:2008-certified quality control process includes detailed policies designed to protect the confidentiality of every translation project. We follow these policies diligently because we recognize the importance of safeguarding your company’s proprietary information. We are also happy to implement any additional security measures you require. When you entrust your documents to us, you can rest assured that they are in secure hands. Contact us to discuss any aspect of a current or upcoming translation project. We will be happy to explain our security measures or any other aspect of our translation services.