Accurate, Effective Chinese Technical Translation for Business
As the fastest growing market in the world, the need for translation into Chinese of business, industrial, and technical materials has grown by leaps and bounds. Many issues come into play when creating these translations, from the character-based written language to the unique Chinese grammar system. What that means for U.S. businesses that wish to expand their marketplace into China is the need for accurate technical translations into a very unfamiliar language. At International Language Services (ILS), we’ve taken on that challenge by assembling a talented group of native-speaking Chinese translators, each with specific expertise and training in a variety of industrial and technical fields. We can handle your business’s translation needs accurately, efficiently, and in a way that produces the results you need on your schedule. Among the issues Chinese translations present are:
- Chinese Characters – Rather than a western-style alphabetical writing system, Chinese uses graphical characters to form words. A word may consist of a single character or multiple characters. Over 10,000 characters are in common use today. Two systems of characters, the traditional and simplified, are also in use. We can provide translations in either language, completely formatted and ready for publication.
- Language Display – For Internet or other computer-based use, Chinese characters require special consideration. Add-ons are required for most Internet browsers and for other computer displays. ILS can assist direct you to the resources you may require.
- Vocabulary – For industrial and scientific communication, Chinese often adopts foreign words, both western and from Japan, but also often creates new words to replace previously adopted words. This can create difficulties in translation, and requires up-to-date knowledge on the part of translators to maintain accuracy and currency. Our technical translators maintain current knowledge of their specialized fields, such as, advertising, consumer products, electronics, manufacturing, medical devices, engineering, marketing, finance and more.
- Grammar – Chinese is very unlike western languages in its grammar. As an analytical language, it relies on syntax for meaning. It uses no tenses or voices, almost no plural forms, and has no articles like a, an, and the. This means that only a native speaker can properly create a translation that flows properly. At our technical translation company, only qualified, native-speaking, professional Chinese translators work on your project.
- Formatting – Clearly, creating finished results of all kinds in Chinese is a complex job. We can properly format your Chinese translations for your needs and provide file formats your graphics designer or printer can readily use. We can format your translated documents for almost any medium.
Our Chinese translation company handles a wide range of technical documents, such as user manuals, IFU’s, legal documents, instructions, catalogs, labels, decals, software and web sites. We also can translate Chinese into many other languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Greek, Arabic and more.
International Language Services – Chinese Business Translation for Technical Documents
If your business translation needs include Chinese, choose your translation company with special care. At ILS, our native-speaking, professional translators have specialized knowledge of your particular type of business. They can express your communications in Chinese that will be clearly understood and maintain your clarity and attention to detail, without any clumsiness or misuse of grammar or vocabulary. Correct translations can mean the difference between success and failure in your Chinese business ventures. Contact us to discuss your Chinese translation needs and cost. Let us show you how the ILS difference can assist you in doing business in China.