Accurate, Timely English Translation Services for International Business
Any company doing business outside of the United States needs to translate documents. Tempting as it is to treat translations as a commodity and choose the lowest cost solution, that is a mistake that can be costly on many levels. Choosing a translation services provider that provides accurate translations, translations that communicate your message clearly and consistently in all languages can actually save money in the long run. By preventing costly delays, misunderstandings, and even costly legal problems, accurate and timely professional translation enhances your international business reputation, streamlines meeting regulatory requirements, and facilitates customer acceptance in your target markets. Here are some of the issues you faces when translating your documentation:
- Accuracy Counts – Documentation for your products and services is an important part of your overall success. Inaccurate translations can’t convey your message effectively, and can even cause a negative response from your customers. You should take equal care with all documents you disseminate, whether in English or any other language. This is especially true for safety, instructional, and maintenance-related documentation. Only quality, professional, translation can guarantee the accuracy and clarity you need. At our English translation service company, accuracy is our number one priority.
- Language Differences – English is a complex language, capable of expressing any idea or concept in multiple ways. Other languages use different grammatical structures, different character sets, and different approaches to written communication. For example, a single word in English can have numerous definitions. The word “beam” can be a noun or a verb, and has over a dozen different meanings. Only the context in which it is used lets the reader know which meaning to apply. In other languages, the translator may have to use a different word or words for each meaning. Unless a skilled, native-speaking translator provides the translation, your meaning may be lost. Similarly, grammar may be completely different in your target language. A sentence that makes perfect sense in English can become gibberish if poorly translated. Our translators and editors have intimate, native-speaking knowledge of your target languages along with the linguistic skills and subject matter expertise to correctly translate your message.
- Cultural Differences – Correct translation of your materials must also take the culture of the target country into consideration. Even seemingly minor details, such as product brand names or cultural references can turn your words into a problem. For instance, The Chevrolet model name “Nova” has a cultural meaning of “it doesn’t go” in Spanish. The model name required a change to sell that car in Spanish-speaking countries. The native-speaking translators at International Language Services (ILS) will recognize such issues instantly and flag them as items of concern, possibly saving the day for your company.
- Idiomatic Expressions – Here in the U.S., we make great use of idiomatic expressions and metaphors to communicate, especially in marketing materials, but also to express business concepts. Sports metaphors, for example, are especially popular. In many countries, however, those metaphors go unrecognized when translated directly, and can interfere with communication. Skilled, native-speaking translators will ensure that your meaning will be recognized and understood in the target languages.
- Formatting – Translation isn’t the end of the job when it comes to converting your documents into another language. Some languages, like Chinese and Japanese, are non-alphabetical, using single characters to represent whole words. Some languages, such as Arabic, are read from right to left – the opposite of English. In almost all languages, the final translation will be different in length, either shorter or longer than the original. Our ILS translation team formats your documents to make them ready for publication or dissemination in your choice of formats, while preserving your intended message.
- Regulatory & Legal Issues – As in the U.S., foreign regulatory and legal documents must be error-free and in appropriate language. Only a professional translation service can assure you that your documents will be correct in meaning and form. Anything less can create costly potential liability issues or delays.
- Timing Issues – Timing is everything in business, especially when launching new products and services. Delays in translating critical documents, marketing information, and other communications can throw your schedule off, cutting into profits. At our language services company, your schedule is a top priority, and our reputation for on-time delivery of your project is a hallmark of our success.
Our native-speaking translators specialize in translating English documents to over 150 foreign languages and translating documents in foreign languages to English. Some of the languages we support include: Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, German, Russian, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Latvian, Italian, Hindi, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Korean, and Vietnamese. Besides the large number of languages we support, we work with a variety of industries including engineering, IT, manufacturing, consumer products, computer technology, agriculture and telecommunication. As each industrial translation deals with specific documents, we have translators who translate user manuals, instruction guides, product catalogs, packaging labels, safety decals, business contracts, PowerPoint presentations and more.
International Language Services – Reliable English Translation Service
When you entrust your translation needs to International Language Services, you can count on accurate translations that make every aspect of the challenge of presenting your message in another language a top priority. ILS dedicated project managers who ensure accuracy and on-time delivery lead our translation process, which uses native-speaking translators with extensive knowledge of your industry. We can also format your documents to match your needs, and deliver them ready for immediate distribution. We handle every detail, letting you get on with your other responsibilities. Contact us soon to discuss your translation needs or to request a price quote for the cost of your translation.